Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free, Grain Free)




My husband has a sweet tooth. I do not. I much prefer salty snacks to sweets. For instance, I could eat an entire bag of potato chips in one sitting, if I had zero inhibitions. But for my thigh's sake, I don't do that.

Almost every night after dinner my husband will ask me if we have any 'sweet treats' in the house, since I do the grocery shopping I usually control what type of junk food we keep in the house. Because of my lack of self control, at times, I don't often buy junk food. But instead, I'll make homemade cookies or snacks, that way I can limit how much is made.

I came across a grain free recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and decided to give it a whirl. I only made a few minor adjustments, but the cookies were absolutely amazing. I cannot even believe how they rose exactly like flour cookies do.

If you make these, you will not be disappointed. Trust me.




Ingredients:
1 cup of chunky (no stir) peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla extract (gf)
3/4 cup chocolate chips (gf)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cream together peanut butter, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and egg. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for 20 minutes. Rolls dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Gently flatten each ball just slightly, to encourage less of a puffed ball shape while baking.

Bake for 8 minutes, remove from oven and allow to sit on baking sheet for another two minutes before taking cookies off. Best when eaten while warm. This dough can also be frozen, however it needs to thaw out a bit before being rolled into balls.

3 comments:

  1. i am making these tonight ! looks amazing
    www.theheartshapedtruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a HUGE sweets guy as well, so he will LOVE these! I'm like you though, I'd rather eat an entire bag of Doritos than eat a few cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Honey & Brie • Template by mable+mint