Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bites (GF)



These tasty little bites are a great pick me up when you're on the go, or right before a workout. I make these all the time, just keep them in the fridge and pop one in my mouth when ever I need a snack.

They're so delicious, I would consider them to be dessert. But that's me. My standards for sweets aren't too high.




I used chia seeds to help hold them together and to pump up the nutritional factor. I also used crunchy peanut butter for added texture.



Ingredients:

1 cup gf oats, processed/blended until broken into little flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chocolate chips, chopped
1 tablespoon dry chia seeds
1-2 teaspoons water

In a bowl add oats, peanut butter, agave, vanilla, chocolate, chia seeds, and 1 teaspoon of water, and mix well. If the mixture is too dry you may need to add a second teaspoon of water, or two. You want the texture to be slightly sticky, but not so sticky that you can't get it off your fingers.

Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place in airtight container in fridge.  Eat as needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Honey & Brie • Template by mable+mint